Friday, March 2, 2012

Where has the time gone?

Matthew is almost a year old. We've been married for 2 1/2 years. And we've lived in Texas for a little over 3 years. Holy cow. Where has the time gone? I feel like life is flying by. I want it to slow down. Matthew is growing up so quickly and I wish I could just freeze some moments in time. It's so exciting and rewarding watching him discover the world around him. He claps now, is trying hard to walk, barks at dogs and eats like a lumberjack! Kurt and I are constantly asking each other where our baby went. :( We'll be heading home to Michigan to celebrate his birthday with friends and family and I can't wait! (have I mentioned I can't believe he's almost 1?!)

In other news, we will be staring a "patio garden" soon and I'm super excited! We're really striving to make healthier choices and fresh produce gets really pricey, so we're going to grow some of our own! I'm thinking we'll grow broccoli, lettuce, spinach, peppers and tomatoes...I might even venture into potatoes, we will see. Along with eating healthier I have started exercising recently. I haven't lost any weight yet, but I have lost 3 inches overall. I am quite pleased with these results. It's about time I get in shape, my baby isn't a baby anymore so I'm kind of our of excuses! Kurt and I keep saying 2012 is the year of healthy Bodes!

So here's to health, happiness and babies not being babies anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment